Wow, you fell right outta your chair! Yep it's a blog update from me! Get back up and sit down ... hahaha! Seems like I think about writing often but for whatever reason when I get busy I just don't do it. Guess I need to really come up with a good challenge and reward for myself in order to make it a habit! What's that saying, 21 days to make it a habit, well here's day 1 for this round! Seriously, I will try! I guess I never think anyone is out there even checking on my lil' o blog.
But for those of you that are, today is the 1st Monday of the month and that's when I host my team meetings for all my SU! downline members. Every month we have a swap theme (gives us a starting point for what to make and where to begin) and tonight's is TERRIFIC TAGS. Tags that take over, we are mostly women and it's all in the presentation after all right? If it's packaged cute we have to have it, even if we don't know what's inside sometimes we wanna buy if for the packaging. Please tell me I'm not alone here! ;)
So here's my swap:
It came together quite nicely and it really didn't take that long as I used a lot of punches and of course the Big Shot. You can't see it as much in the picture but the little red dots on the tree are super sparkly thanks to the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details. The hardest part was trimming out the trees by hand (sure makes you appreciate your framelits when you use a set that doesn't have them) ... but it's okay, I just trimmed while watching Sunday afternoon football with my hubby.
Layers from the back to the front:
- Large Scallop Circle Die, Cherry Cobbler
- Large Oval-y Apothecary Framelit, DSP Holiday Stack
- 1/2 Paper Doily
- 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Gumball Green Coordinations Paper
- 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Whisper White (greeting from Tag It, with Cherry Cobbler ink)
- Small Oval-y Apothecary Framelit, Early Espresso Coordinations Paper
- Modern Label Punch, Whisper White (Oh Goodie greeting, markers)
- Watercolor Paper, hand cut, Tree from Color Me Christmas (aqua painter & markers)
- Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the circles of the tree
- Snip of Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon, Gumball Green Ribbon & Early Espresso 1/8" Tafetta (stapled)
Let me know what you think! Do you like it? I can't wait for tonight to see what the other gals made!
Happy Monday, Happy Stamping!